Welcome to Our Blog
Grab a cup of coffee and dive in. We pray that you find hope and truth in these posts. This blog is written from three perspectives.
His. Hers. Theirs.
His. Hers. Theirs.
During our time in the Storm (as I call the season that began in September 28, 2016), I learned some valuable lessons. Now, I'll be very honest with you - I'm a stubborn woman with many flaws. As a result, these lessons weren't learned willingly or easily. :)
Every now and then, I need a reminder for these lessons, because I'm all too human. So I pull this list out and remind myself of truths I can not deny. I hope they help you as you're facing your own giants.
I praise God and I thank Him for these lessons. Better to learn them at 37 when I have the rest of my life to enjoy and serve Him, praise HIm, and enjoy my time on earth with my Husband and family.
1. God will always have the best plans for my life (even if current circumstances appear to demonstrate the contrary).
2. Aligning my plans to his Will reaps many benefits.
3. Don’t fool myself thinking that I can control my circumstance - surrender my circumstances to God.
4. God doesn’t need me to worry about protecting my children. He takes better care of them than I ever will.
5. Don’t worry about pleasing everyone. Instead, focus on pleasing our Father in Heaven and seeking his Favor on your life.
6. The priority of your relationships should be: 1. God, 2. Your Marriage, 3. Your Children, 4. All Others. Allow God to lead your husband and for your husband to lead your Home.
7. Rather than worrying about the future of my family, pause those thoughts and go to God first. He will carry all those burdens for me.
8. Love is kind and yes, it’s sweet. But love is also about perseverance. Showing up, fighting for each other when things aren’t so sweet. Knowing that this relationship is eternal empowers you to persevere.
Raquel Gonzales (Kels) - Raquel is a 36-year-old wife of an amazing man, and mother of three beautiful blended teenagers (Elijah 18, Lulu 16, Abby 14). She has thrived in a creative career for over 11 years. Her passion is to empower others by the lessons learned in her own life and challenges through transparency and honest conversations. As a creative soul, she loves to write, design, create and publish. She hopes to please God in doing his work by leveraging the talents he gave her. This blog is but one of those digital artisan crafts. She hope it pleases Him.